Welcome to Ladies N Gents, the go-to spot for all your updo and braiding needs! We specialize in creating beautiful, long-lasting styles for all occasions. Whether you're looking for a simple updo for a night out or an intricate braided style for your wedding day, our team of talented stylists will help you find the perfect look. So if you're ready to take your hair to the next level, come on in and let us show you what we can do!
NYC Location: (212) 300-4922
Updos – The Best Styles For Long Hair
No matter what the occasion, an updo is always a good idea. It keeps your hair off your face and neck, which is ideal for hot summer days, and it can also be dressed up or down to suit any event.
There are endless possibilities when it comes to updos, but they can generally be divided into two categories: formal and casual. Formal updos tend to be more intricate, with lots of twists and turns, while casual updos are simpler and often involve putting your hair up in a bun or ponytail.
If you’re not sure how to get started, we’ve put together a few of our favorite updos for long hair to give you some inspiration.
For a formal occasion:
- French Twist: Start by gathering your hair at the nape of your neck and twisting it until it forms a rope. Then coil the rope around itself to form a twist and secure with bobby pins. Finish by spraying with hairspray to keep everything in place.
- Chignon: This classic updo is perfect for any formal occasion. To create a chignon, start by gathering your hair into a low ponytail at the nape of your neck. Then twist the ponytail around itself to form a bun and secure with bobby pins. For a more polished look, try wrapping a piece of hair around the base of the bun to hide the bobby pins. Finish with hairspray.
- Bouffant: This retro-inspired updo is making a comeback in a big way. To create a bouffant, start by backcombing your hair at the crown of your head to create volume. Then gather your hair into a high ponytail and secure with an elastic band. Next, use your fingers to teased the tail of the ponytail to create more volume before wrapping it around itself to form a bun. Secure with bobby pins and finish with hairspray
Braids – The Best Styles For Natural Hair
There are many different types of braids, and each has its own benefits. If you’re looking for a style that will keep your natural hair healthy and protected, while also giving you a beautiful and stylish look, then braids are the way to go.
- Box Braids: These braids are perfect for natural hair, as they protect the hair from damage and help to keep it healthy. They’re also very versatile, as you can style them in many different ways.
- Fishtail Braid: A fishtail braid is a more intricate version of the classic braid. It’s perfect for an elegant occasion or if you just want to add a little something extra to your look. To create a fishtail braid, start by dividing your hair into two sections. Take a small piece of hair from the outside of one section and cross it over to the other section. Then take a small piece of hair from the outside of the other section and cross it over to the first section. Continue crossing sections until you reach the end of your hair, then secure with an elastic.
- Waterfall Braid: The waterfall braid is a beautiful, romantic style that’s perfect for any special occasion. To create a waterfall braid, start by creating a small hole in the center of your hair (this will be where your “waterfall” starts). Then take small pieces of hair from each side and cross them over the hole, letting each piece fall through to create the “waterfall” effect. Continue until you reach the end of your hair, then secure with an elastic.
- Micro Braids: Micro braids are smaller than traditional braids, and they’re perfect for those with thin or fine hair. They’re also less likely to cause damage to the hair.
- Tree Braids: Tree braids are a type of braid that is perfect for those with thin or fine hair. They help to add volume and fullness to the hair, while also being very gentle on the scalp.
- French Braid: The classic French braid is a timeless style that can be worn anywhere. It’s perfect for keeping your hair out of your face while still looking chic. To create a French braid, start by dividing your hair into three sections. Take the outermost section and cross it over the middle section, then take the innermost section and cross it over the new middle section. Continue crossing sections until you reach the end of your hair, then secure with an elastic.
Bridal – The Best Styles For Your Wedding Day
Bridal hairstyles are so important. After all, your wedding day is one of the most special days of your life, and you want to look your best. But with so many different styles to choose from, how do you know which one is right for you?
Here at Ladies N Gents, we can help you find the perfect bridal hairstyle for your big day. We offer a wide range of styles, from classic updos to modern braids, and our team of experienced stylists will work with you to find the perfect look for you.
We understand that every bride is different, and we want to help you find a style that reflects your personality and taste. Whether you’re looking for something elegant and classic or something trendy and modern, we can help you find the perfect bridal hairstyle for your big day.
So whether you’re getting ready for your wedding day or just need a new look for a special occasion, come to Ladies N Gents – we’ll make sure you look fabulous!